Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Macgowan, Burns, Baker.

Posted by Roger J Macgowan 
Macgowan, Burns, Baker.
April 25, 2001 03:00AM
My Grandfather, Percival George Rodwell Macgowan was b: c1877 near Tothills creek in Sth Aust. I have searched the Birth, Deaths & Marriages for the period 1870 - 1880 without success. All of his eight siblings were registered with B,D&M. His parents were James and Mary ann (nee Burns) his wife was Elizabeth Sarah May Baker whose mother was Caroline Newbold. Percival and Elizabeth were m: 1 Jan 1900 at Boothby, S. Aust and he d: 16 Aug 1942 in the Royal Adelaide Hospital of pnuemonia and was bur: in the West Tce Cemetary. My question to anyone who can help me is, where can I find official records of his birth if the BD&M don't have them. Also if anyone can help with information on Mary Ann Burns as I only have a birth date of 1831. Thank you, Roger.
Re: Macgowan, Burns, Baker.
January 08, 2008 07:19AM
i'm not sure if this will help at all, but my grandmother's father was edgar macgowan. His father was the percival macgowan you described.

some information about mary ann burns: married James MacGowan (24yrs) on 16 nov 1853, she was 22yrs, at Trinity Church in Adelaide.

currently, i am in the process of making a family tree of the macgowans, but am stuck.

hope this is ok, rebekah.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login