Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
OceaniaGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

JAMES JOSEPH BLAKE and JEAN PERRY

Posted by Gunnamatta 
JAMES JOSEPH BLAKE and JEAN PERRY
December 13, 2008 07:46PM
Hi all,

I am looking for any information - or even tips on where people might think I will get information - on JAMES JOSEPH BLAKE who married JEAN PERRY in South Melbourne on December 7, 1915. I have their marriage entry, and I have their death entries (in 1952 and 1963 respectively). They are my great great grandparents.

He is listed as having been born in Victoria Canada ( circa 1885 according to his marriage entry) or Montreal ( circa 1880 according to his death entry). She is listed as being born in Philadelphia U.S. circa 1883 (according to both marriage and death entries). I know he was a wharf labourer at that time, and I believe may have been in Australia since about 1908 or 1909. I think she arrived in Australia circa 1913. She was also a black or coloured American. I can find absolutely no record whatsoever of them immigrating or travelling on a ship. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how I could track them down (particularly how they got into the country) I would love to hear from you.

Cheers
Re: JAMES JOSEPH BLAKE and JEAN PERRY
October 24, 2013 12:04AM
Hi
I am related to Lilian Ivy Dickinson. I would like to contact you so that we can exchange information.
My email address is merlehiscock@gmail.com
Regards from Merle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login